Looks like the cat might be out of the bag. Earlier this evening a pdf started circulating that is supposedly the new edition of Warhammer 40k. I’ve had a look through the file and it strongly resembles the leaked 5th edtion codex from a few years back. So far all the major rumors that have come out have been present -
- You roll to hit vs. how fast a model moved (called it’s Evasion stat)
- Preferred Enemy works for shooting
- Lots of new rules – Fearless 1,2,3 Eternal Warrior 1,2,3
- Allocation wounds has been slightly changed - you have to allocate wounds to a model based on it’s number of wounds before you move to a new group – ie. Nobz armed differently would have to stack two wounds on one nob before moving to the next
- They added back in multiple types of cover saves – no more universal 4+ – looks like a lot of 5+ now
- New type of save – Rigid – basically Feel no Pain. You may take it in addition to an armor save, but not against AP 1,2,3 or ID weapons
- Rules of Apocalypse units – Behemoth, Gargantuan Creature, Strength D
- Revamp of how units break in combat and what happens afterwards
- Complete revamp of movement. Some units have different movement values – Jump Packs have movement 9
- Fleet and Run changed – you now have different types of movement where you will move multiples of your move value
- Updated Warhammer Fantasy 8th Edition Rumors It looks like the 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy rumors have continued to trickle in. Warseer has a sticky post that they are keeping up to...
- Hands On With The New Warhammer Fantasy Rulebook Last night I had my first look at the new Warhammer Fantasy 8th Edition Rulebook and is this thing ever a monster. It is just...
- Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed Rulebook Rumor Saw this over at Warseer from user soots and it looks like there is some pretty excited discussion going on. - Ok, we know its 528...
- First Impressions of Warhammer Fantasy 8th Edition This weekend I was able to get in a game of the new Warhammer Fantasy. I squared off against Dannato from the forums. He was...
- Warhammer 40k 6th Edition Rumors – Here They Come Over the last few weeks there has been post after post of rumors about Warhammer 40k 6th edition. I have seen pretty much every major...